The mission of the 20/20 Project is to promote a church culture with a biblical vision for creating and preserving families here and abroad. For parents and those hoping to become parents, for families and children in crisis, for those contemplating adoption, 20/20 seeks to be a resource for education, community and support.
The 20/20 Project is comprised of a group of volunteers from the Resurrection Brooklyn network of churches whose goal it is to further this mission through planning and promoting the following activities within our community:
- Minister through prayer, giving and service to the children of our church’s Ethiopia ACT Project.
- Support children and families in crisis in NYC through initiatives such as “Safe Families” and interim or respite care.
- Administer our church’s 20/20 Adoption Fund for members who are preparing to adopt and/or foster parent.
- Plan and host occasional educational forums and social events.
- Recognize National Adoption Month each November in our church services.
- Organize an annual gift sale to benefit the 20/20 Adoption Fund and the children of the Ethiopia ACT Project.
- Encourage individuals and families to sponsor orphaned children through organizations such “Mission to the World.”
- Introduce and connect interested individuals for one-on-one conversations for those wishing to explore issues around family creation and preservation with members who have experience and/or specialized knowledge.
The 20/20 Adoption Fund
The 2020 Adoption Fund was established by Resurrection Brooklyn’s 20/20 Project. Through the Fund, members of our network churches who are in the process of adopting children may apply for grants to assist with direct agency costs relating to adoption. Monies in The Fund are provided entirely by voluntary individual contributions from members, family, friends and those with a heart for adoption and orphan care.
Anyone may make a tax deductible contribution to the 20/20 Adoption fund by check or online contribution to Brooklyn Resurrection noting “20/20 Adoption Fund”. Find out more information about giving here.
For more information about how to apply for a grant, how to make a donation to the Fund or for general information about the 20/20 Project may contact coordinator, Judy Hilkey.